One You South Gloucestershire brings organisations together to help all adults over 18 who either live in South Gloucestershire or are registered with a GP practice make a positive difference to their lives. This can happen, for instance, by making changes to improve a person's health and wellbeing or link up with people in their community. There is also the opportunity to sign up for courses and workshops which promote wellbeing and a healthy active life. Healthwatch supports all services which help patients to stay fit and well and especially boost mental health. This is especially important to give people the confidence to get support or a way of managing their emotions possibly preventing social isolation and anxiety taking a firmer hold.
The new service is delivered jointly by Southern Brooks Community Partnerships and South Gloucestershire Council and other community partners including Oasis Talk, Circadian Trust, The Diversity Trust, The Carers Support Centre and Developing Health and Independence (DHI). This service builds on the previous provision of the Wellbeing College, Community Connectors and Health Champions.
Aims of the Service
- Feel more confident about managing your emotional and mental wellbeing
- Feel more able to get involved in your local communities
- Feel less isolated, and anxious
- Feel able to make changes in other areas of your lives
- For more information please click here https://oneyou.southglos.gov.uk/