Who we are
Healthwatch South Gloucestershire is your health and social care champion. If you use GPs and hospitals, dentists, pharmacies, care homes or other support services, we want to hear about your experiences. We have the power to make sure NHS leaders and other decision makers listen to your feedback and improve standards of care. We also help people to find reliable and trustworthy information and advice.
Healthwatch South Gloucestershire is a place where people's experiences improve health and care.
What we do:
- Share your feedback with NHS leaders and other care providers, to let them know what's working well and what needs improving.
- Make recommendations about how health and social care services could or should be improved.
- Make sure NHS leaders and other care providers listen to what you have to say.
- Report issues to organisations such as the Clinical Commissioning Group, the Care Quality Commission, and the local Health and Wellbeing Board.
- Give you information and advice about accessing health and social care services, and the options available in your area.
- Help you get the best out of health and social care services.
How we work
We are here to listen to what you like about services and what you think could be improved. No matter how big or small the issue, we want to hear about it.
You can share your views and experiences by:
- Filling in our simple, online feedback form
- Calling us at: 01454 506176 (9am - 5pm. If we cannot answer your call or you call us outside these hours, please leave a message with your contact details and we will get back to you within 5 working days)
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your feedback will be anonymous and make up part of the evidence we use to help health and social care service providers improve how they run services locally and nationally.
Where possible, we will also let you know when changes are planned to services in our community and help you have a say. We will encourage those in charge of local care to involve you when changes are being planned.
Healthwatch South Gloucestershire adheres to the Nolan Principles, also known as the Seven Principles of Public Life. This means that we carry out our work with selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
On top of this, we have our own values. In everything we do, we are transparent, non-judgemental, and independent. We are dedicated to co-production (where people work alongside and in collaboration with organisations such as the NHS to improve services), and strive for continual improvement.
People's views come first - especially those who find it hardest to be heard.
We champion what matters to you and work with others to find ideas that work. We are independent and committed to making the biggest difference to you.
Click on the relevant text below to read our policies.